[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jonathan Simpson" <jsimpson at theatsgroup dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  ipsec, sonicwall to m0n0wall.
 Date:  Tue, 6 Feb 2007 07:10:35 -0500
I've been struggling with this for days.  I'm trying to establish a
connection between us and one of our business partners, we have a m0n0wall
at our end and they have a sonicwall. We are both using main mode, all other
settings have been checked over to match a dozen times, identifier is IP.
The only error I see in my logs (there are lots of debugs) is racoon: ERROR:
not acceptable Identity Protection mode.

I've googled this error a dozen times over and all I can find is a reference
to doing this on a netgear and aggressive/main not matching.  This shouldn't
be an issue there. The guy on the remote side claims the connection is
timing out.

Sorry for the long winded question, I really don't have that much ipsec
knowledge.  I appreciate any help.

Jonathan