[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tim Korves <tkml at cluster dash worxx dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Possibility of Routing Net Net over PPTP
 Date:  Wed, 07 Feb 2007 07:11:14 +0100
Hi there,

> m0n0wall can run on hardware that most people throw away.  why not find
> an old PC and load m0n0wall on it and send it to your client, free of
> charge.  it cost them nothing and makes your job a lot simpler.

well, maybe I can talk to walls and someday the walls may talk back to
me... The client doesn't even want to hear, what I'm saying... Maybe, I
should buy another WRAP or other embedded router for them on my own
costs... Another PC is not a good idea for them.

> BTW,
> are you currently conecting via a MS PPTP client to a PPTP server at
> your client's site? I'm a little confused about your current setup.

The WRT runs that DD-WRT firmware and connects as a client to my
m0n0wall... On the clients side, there's a static route from their net
to mine. Same on my side, but on disconnect and reconnect m0n0 "forgets"
  how to route packets to the client and tries to route them over the
WAN IF which's senseless...

Regards,

Tim