[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Klaus Stock" <ks at stock dash consulting dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] External Connections?
 Date:  Wed, 07 Feb 2007 15:05:27 +0100
> You need to create a firewall rule allowing connections to your m0n0wall's
> external IP address from either everywhere, or the specific IPs you want
> connect from.

...which is considered by some as a security risk. IT's recommended to
change the user name for admin access and to choose a somehow strong
password. If someone gets into your m0n0wall, he'll be inside your LAN
within seconds as well.

>> How can I connect to my m0n0wall from a computer out side my network like

You can also do so from *inside* your network. All you need is to set up a
VPN configuration at the m0n0wall. If you then connect to your VPN from work
and/or school, the remote VPN endpoint will appear to be *inside* yor home
network, along with the computer at work/school. You can then connect to the
m0n0wall with the *internal* IP of the m0n0wall in your home LAN.

- Klaus

This mail sent using V-webmail - http://www.v-webmail.orgg