[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Curtis Irwin" <CIrwin at service dash technology dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  monowall VPN Problems
 Date:  Wed, 7 Feb 2007 11:00:31 -0500
I have a fairly untraditional setup but one that has worked in the past.
I have m0n0wall setup on a VMware Virtual Server with a VPN connection
to a Cisco PIX 501 at a remote office.  The connection seems fine for
days on end and then it just drops randomly.  All settings are per
recommended setup and the VPN is set to the same on both ends with a
refresh of 86400.  The only odd thing I see if this at the console:

Enter a number: WARNING: PSEUDO RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR USED FOR IPSEC
PROCESSING

My other m0n0wall boxes (physical) do not show this.  Is this indicative
of the number generator not working right or is this normal behavior?
Could it be caused by a lack of traffic passing in the evenings and if
so, is there a decent solution to the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Curtis Irwin

Service Technology LLC

Office:  616-855-4590 (1)