[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Boosten <peter at boosten dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Soekris 4801 + m0n0wall + HP 6108 == errors?
 Date:  Wed, 07 Feb 2007 17:57:04 +0100
Josh Coombs wrote:

> On Feb 7, 2007, at 9:54 AM, Josh Coombs wrote:

[snip]

> Bit more detail... and this is where I start pulling hair out.
> According to system_advanced.php, polling is disabled.
> status_interfaces.php shows media as 100baseTX, and lots of collisions.
> ifconfig via exec.php shows the nics as polling enabled, 100baseTX
> full-duplex.  netstat -i confirms collisions...
>
> I'm going to downrev to 1.22 as suggested offlist and see what I can
> sort from there.
>
> (Further digging shows my 4500s are doing the same thing, 100/Full,
> reporting collisions and taking errors on the switch, albeit at a far
> lower rate than the 4800... those are running pure FreeBSD 4.11.  Maybe
> this hardware IS bad.)

Josh,

I just ran all the checks you did, on my 4801-50 (I think) and I cannot
confirm anything you say: My polling is on (in both system_advanced and
ifconfig), and both m0n0wall and my switch report 100Mb/full duplex,
with zero collisions (or other errors).

But I'm running 1.22. You switched cat-5 cables, I presume?

Peter
--
http://www.boosten.org