[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jonathan De Graeve" <m0n0wall at esstec dot be>
 To:  "'Marcelo Bezerra'" <ocachorro at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Captive Portal Limitations
 Date:  Wed, 7 Feb 2007 20:16:33 +0100
> Here in my ISP (located at Itapetinga City, Bahia state, Brasil) I
> have 120 users online on my single mono but my goal is 400 clients.
> Hardware: P4, 512MB RAM DDR-400, 2x 3COM Vortex PCI, motherboard ASUS
> P4S800DX
>
> At rush hour CPU load is 45% and sometimes CP page takes 5-10 seconds to
> pop up.

Changing Croninterval to 5minutes will save a lot of CPU cycles.

Keep in mind that it also changes the RADIUS accounting interval (sending
every 5minutes)

Please also note that AFAIK every enterprise product doesn't allow interval
cycles less then 5minutes (at least is the case with nortel)

Kind Regards,

Jonathan