[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Melvin <melvin at sleepydragon dot net>
 To:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 Cc:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0 hardware platforms
 Date:  Wed, 07 Feb 2007 14:49:47 -0500
Lee Sharp wrote:
> Melvin wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I recently ran across some Wyse Winterm units as we were cleaning out
>> some stuff at the office and immediately thought they'd make great
>> firewall boxes.  I was wondering if anyone has ever tried these
>> before.  They are WT3320SE and WT3360SE units.  Specs here:
>>
>> http://wyse.vecmar.com/products/productpage.asp?pid=5549
>>
>> I'll have to add flash to them, but it appears they all have
>> connections.  No drives, but there is PCMCIA slot available for
>> possible load device.
>
> I see no place for a second nic.  That is the problem with most of
> these mini-systems.

There is a PCMCIA slot and also a USB.  I don't know what support is
like for those in m0n0 at the moment, but there are NICs available in
both those instances.

I appreciate the feedback though.  That's why I posted the question.  No
point in trying to re-invent the wheel only to find out that someone has
already found an obstacle that can't be overcome.