[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Nick" <sui underscore twc at adelaide dot on dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: Is it normal?
 Date:  Thu, 8 Feb 2007 14:45:59 +1030
From: "Cheyenne Deal" <deal dot cheyenne at gmail dot com>
To: <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2007 10:49 AM
Subject: [m0n0wall] Re: Is it normal?

> Sorry for I am new to managing a m0n0wall box, but how do I do that?

Hi Cheyenne,

2) Bottom right, click on add new rule (plus button). You can mouse over all
of the buttons to find out what each does if you are unsure.
3) Add the rule. My suggestion is to have a go at first. That's all I did
when I started. FYI you may want to permit only certain types of ICMP
packets; I just permit all. Others may suggest permitting certain types
only. I'd love to hear what the general consensus is on this, because from
my own search I concluded it's not much of a worry to permit ICMP.
Eitherway, if you're still not sure on the options for the rule, see
http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/1006/icmpph2.png

-Nick