[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  John Hakk <jhnhakk at yahoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  connectivity between interfaces
 Date:  Fri, 9 Feb 2007 02:15:19 -0800 (PST)
I have been using Monowall successfully for over a year and find it a great program.  I recently
added a forth NIC for a NAS and am having problems configuring.

interface set-up:
WAN  gateway

I want the NAS interface to be accessible from either LAN1 or LAN2.
(no access between LAN1 and LAN2)

If I bridge the NAS interface with either LAN1 or LAN2 I can access the NAS from the bridged network
but I would prefer to not have to change the interface each time I want to access the NAS from the
other (non-bridged) LAN.

I have tried numerous rules but have not hit upon the right configuration.  I was thinking "static
routes" but am not familiar with the subject and found no postings that seem to be related to my

Any help would be appreciate.  Thanks.