[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  sai <sonicsai at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Cheyenne Deal" <deal dot cheyenne at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: Is it normal?
 Date:  Fri, 9 Feb 2007 17:53:52 +0500
You should add a Firewall rule on the WAN interface to allow

source: *  (that means all)
destination: WAN address
protocol : ICMP

If you only want some people to ping you (for example your ISP) then
have their address in the source ip address field. This is more secure
than allowing everyone to ping you.

sai