[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  BlackWand <Robert dot Winbladh at BlackWand dot NET>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  FTP problem
 Date:  Sat, 10 Feb 2007 10:13:36 +0100
Hello.

I have tryed to get FTP working thru the m0n0wall to no avail.

This is my setup:
I block both outgoing and incomming traffic, except the few stuff I want
out/in.

The FTP I am connecting to is configured to listen on port 666 as
default, not behind NAT/PAT (I am tho).
I am wondering, where and how should I open my firewall?

Do I only need to allow FTP out, and thats it (LAN if)? Does not work
very good for me, or do I need to allow port 666 out too?
Or do I allow FTP inbound (WAN if)? Do I then need to do any forwarders?
Or could it be that since its not configured for port 21, it will never
work?

// Robert
.