[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  John Hakk <jhnhakk at yahoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  FTP Server to LAN1 and LAN2 problem
 Date:  Sat, 10 Feb 2007 21:23:45 -0800 (PST)
I recently added a forth NIC for a FTP server that I want LAN1 and LAN2 to have access to but am
having problems configuring.

interface set-up:
WAN 192.168.3.100  gateway 192.168.3.1
LAN1 192.168.1.1
LAN2 192.168.2.1
FTP server  192.168.4.1

(no access between LAN1 and LAN2)

If I bridge the FTP server interface with either LAN1 or LAN2 the bridged LAN can access the FTP
Server but I would prefer to not have to change the bridge selection each time I want to access the
Server from the other (non-bridged) LAN.

I have tried numerous rules but have not hit upon the right configuration.  I was thinking "static
routes" but do not seem to get any where. "Block private networks" seems appropriate but toggling
on/off does not seem to change things.

I would assume a rule such as * - FTP Server - * -* -* on the FTP Server interface would allow
access to/from any other interface on the unit. True?

Could the problem be caused by the gateway, as reported on the Status - WAN - interface page as
192.1683.1 not being reachable from the FTP Server 192.168.4.1 network?

Appreciate some input.  Thanks.

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.