[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Falcor <falcor at netassassin dot com>
 To:  Brian Morton <rokclimb15 at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Register DHCP leases in DNS forwarder not working over PPTP
 Date:  Mon, 12 Feb 2007 20:23:58 -0800
What are you using for the DHCP server for the PPTP network?  If you are
using the m0n0wall for this:  The DNS servers entered in System: General
setup <https://m0n0wall/system.php> (or the DNS forwarder
<https://m0n0wall/services_dnsmasq.php>, if enabled) will be assigned to
clients by the DHCP server.  The PPTP "Server address" will also be
added as a DNS server... thus the DNS lookup will still hit the
m0n0wall.  Unless of course you are redirecting the PPTP connections to
another PPTP server.