[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jukka Ruotsalainen <jukka dot ruotsalainen at cs dot helsinki dot fi>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  1.3b2 eats memory and reboots
 Date:  Tue, 13 Feb 2007 12:47:28 +0200
Hello!
I installed 1.3b2 beta and  experienced the keyboard no problem, that
fixed when i installed some spare keyboard to my m0n0wall. I have to
check do I have the serial port turned off on the bios, it might be!

Actual problem:
It seems that m0n0wall reboots itself in some period of time and it
seems that it eats its all 64 Mb memory out(worked fine with 1.22 release).

I managed to find out that if I lower the tcp timeout 3600 it works
better, also sysctl -w kern.ipc.somaxconn=8192 seems to increase memory
eating? But the somax conn seemed to be very useful with previous
m0n0walls, I have about 40 users.

I'm going to install 256 Mb memory to check if the problem is actually
leaking memory or normal memory consumption...

Any ideas?

How i can monitor or try to find out what eats all the memory?
I had couple times php error about consuming the swap space.

Best regards, Jukka