[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ray Cummins <r at burlco dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  US/Canada Extended Daylight Savings Time
 Date:  Tue, 13 Feb 2007 11:38:03 -0500
Daylight Savings Time starts two weeks earlier than usual in Canada and
the US this year (March 11th instead of April 1st).

I know that FreeBSD 6.1 and later have the appropriate zoneinfo files
and therefore expect this.  Because m0n0wall 1.3b is based on FreeBSD
6.2, it too has the appropriate files in zoneinfo.tgz.  As far as I can
tell 1.23b3 still has an older zoneinfo.tgz which won't support extended
DST.

My question is whether there will be a full release of either m0n0wall
1.23 (with patched zoneinfo.tgz) or 1.3 (with already-correct
zoneinfo.tgz) before March 11th.  I don't have a problem with "rolling
my own" zoneinfo.tgz into m0n0wall 1.22, but would rather use a non-beta
version that I haven't had to tinker with.  (Maybe there could be a
m0n0wall 1.22.1 release which has no changes except to zoneinfo.tgz?)
Just checking to see what's going on with this so I can plan
accordingly.  Thanks.