[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Yamil Chamut" <el underscore comodin at fibertel dot com dot ar>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  wan ip renewal interval
 Date:  Tue, 13 Feb 2007 16:44:08 -0300
Hi, first of all, sorry about my bad english :(

The last month my ISP has started to have some problems, the modem looses the signal almost three or
four times a day, and it takes between 15 and 30 minutes to go online again. When this happens, once
the modem it's online again, i have to manually release and renew ip from m0n0wall web interface, or
wait to m0n0wall sends a dhcprequest, that means a couple of hours. It isn't a big problem whem I am
here, but when I'm not, my servers remains offline a couple of ours...

The cuestion is, is there any way to modify the time between dhcprequest to my ISP?

I can see this on the logs page:

Feb 13 16:26:14 dhclient: bound to 24.232.66.192 -- renewal in 14900 seconds.

So, if the modem drops the connection at 17:00, it will remain offline until 20:30?

Thank you, and again, sorry about my english.

Yamil Chamut