[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Bart Dubelaar <bart at hoteldeplataan dot nl>
 To:  m0n0wall List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Cc:  Bart Dubelaar <bart at hoteldeplataan dot nl>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Captive Portal bandwidth limiting
 Date:  Wed, 14 Feb 2007 20:11:30 +0100
I've set up the following rules in the traffic shaper:
- small ACK packets: high priority
- SYN packets to port 80: high priority
- packets to port 53(DNS): high priority
- anything else: low priority
Would this be sufficient to be able to surf the web while uploading?

And also, I just noticed that there is a "magic shaper wizard", does
this wizard add any other important rules or would my rules be
enough? The option "Share bandwidth evenly on LAN" for instance looks
interesting, but is this really necessary or would it just eat CPU
power? (The connection will probably be used by a maximum of 15
concurrent users).

Regards,

Bart Dubelaar

Op 13-feb-2007, om 19:36 heeft Bart Dubelaar het volgende geschreven: