[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <lists at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] m0n0snort
 Date:  Wed, 14 Feb 2007 21:22:58 -0000
> Periodically, there are questions on the list to add
> functionality to m0n0wall that don't have much to do with its core
> purpose - firewalling.

I hope that with the move to FBSD6 this isn't already happening. There have
been quite a few reports on the list of much reduced thoughput (particularly
with embedded platforms) using 6 over 4. It seems to me the only real
advantage 6 offers over 4 is the improved network drivers available to
wireless users.

I do hope the move to 6 in the 1.3.x version won't mean a loss of support
for 4, especially on the smaller platforms (net4501, 64mb, etc.)

Regards,

Chris