[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jonathan Simpson" <jsimpson at theatsgroup dot com>
 Cc:  "'m0n0wall'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] VNC and m0n0wall
 Date:  Thu, 15 Feb 2007 07:31:49 -0500
Just as a side note, there is an excellent tool called xrdp. Runs on linux,
and it emulates an rdp server (so you can connect with it from an rdp
client)

While it will helpfully connect you to the local machine xrdp lives on, it's
also capable of (once you have connected) creating a connection to another
machine inside the network, via either rdp OR vnc, making it an effective
vnc/rdp proxy as well as a local linux rdp server.

This, then, is how I use it.  One port forward over one ip, yet I gain
access to all my rdp and vnc capable hosts. Quite a deal.

Jonathan D. Simpson

From: Cheyenne Deal
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 10:36 +0500 Msg: WBUSER-8341335
Subject: [m0n0wall] VNC and m0n0wall
To: m0n0wall

How do I configure m0n0wall for incoming vnc connections to a computer(s)
behind it? I knew using a regular router but now here I do not know how?