[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Attilla De Groot <attilla at attilla dot nl>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Captive portal on sis1 and bridge sis2-ath0
 Date:  Sat, 17 Feb 2007 00:39:00 +0100
Hi all,

I have a Soekris 4801 and I want to use m0n0wall on it, but i have a
problem.

I already have an existing wireless network with a few AP's and I
have a atheros card in my soekris. I would like to use the captive
portal for all my AP's, but also create an extra AP with the atheros
card in my soekris.

The problem is that it isn't possible to use the captive portal while
any interfaces are bridged. I already read the faq about bridging and
the capitive portal, but that is about running the captive portal on
a bridged interface. I'm however running the capitive portal on a
normal interface and would like to create a bridge between two other
interfaces.

Could someone tell me why this isn't possible ?

Best regards,
Attilla