[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] can't get m0n0wall to open port 80 other than to webGUI
 Date:  Sat, 17 Feb 2007 16:50:52 -0500
On 17.02.07 14:32 -0600, Dave Penn wrote:

> restores everything just as if I hadn't just wasted several hours
> on another piece of underdeveloped open-source geekware.  Maybe you
> get what you pay for in this case as in most others.

You're lucky to get a response at all, yet alone from Manuel. Maybe if
you'd learn to read, you'd be better off. Or have the first clue about
how most real firewalls work - you can go say the same thing to Cisco,
Microsoft, and <insert most commercial firewall vendors here> because
most of them require split DNS or similar workarounds as outlined in
the FAQ.

Here's a clue - before you spend "several hours" screwing with any
application, commercial or open source, it's probably a good idea to
at least read the FAQ. And since you obviously don't have a clue about
working with real firewalls, you probably shouldn't spout out like
that  on a firewall list because it's a good
forever-archived-on-Google way to make yourself look stupid.

-Chris