[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Cheyenne Deal" <deal dot cheyenne at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Net Over PPTP?
 Date:  Sun, 18 Feb 2007 02:08:06 -0500
On 2/18/07, Cheyenne Deal <deal dot cheyenne at gmail dot com> wrote:
> Is accessing the internet possible when connecting throught m0n0wall with
> PPTP? Just wondering.

When I use PPTP, I uncheck "use remote default gateway" in the
connection properties on the Windows client, and then it's essentially
a split tunnel setup, where only traffic destined for the VPN
traverses the PPTP connection.

I'm not sure if you can force Internet traffic out from m0n0wall
through a PPTP connection, I've never had a need to try that. That's
just adding a lot of usually unnecessary latency and overhead.

-Chris