[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jeremy Flaugh" <Jeremy at flaughs2000 dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: can't get m0n0wall to open port 80 other than to webGUI
 Date:  Sun, 18 Feb 2007 08:24:30 -0500
The picture says it all.

(((((((Well the picture will not fit through your mail server it was a
screen shot of the DNS forwarder page.))))))

Your web site should have been available from the outside during that port
forward you do not need to change the port of the web GUI for this to work.

I use grc.com to double check my firewall from the outside after I make any
changes just incase I turn it into Swiss cheese.

And ask a friend to check on your web site the next time you port forward
and test.

Manuel thanks for putting together a great product don't let anyone cut it
down.

Chris you can add Microsoft ISA server to the list of firewalls that do not
let out/in traffic I spoke to a Microsoft ISA engineer about this type of
behavior of a firewall and I was told it is not secure for a firewall to let
connections from an internal interface to access services published on a
external interface. So m0n0 behaving this way makes me feel good about this
product that it is secure and industry standard.

Thanks and welcome.

Jeremy Flaugh