[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  John Hakk <jhnhakk at yahoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] FTP Server to LAN1 and LAN2 problem
 Date:  Wed, 14 Feb 2007 03:42:07 -0800 (PST)
> John Hakk wrote:
>> I recently added a forth NIC for a FTP server that I want LAN1 and LAN2 to have access to but am
> having problems configuring.
>> interface set-up:
>> WAN 192.168.3.100  gateway 192.168.3.1
>> LAN1 192.168.1.1
>> LAN2 192.168.2.1
>> FTP server  192.168.4.1

> I made rules in LAN1 and the FTP interface like
>
>  * * * * * (5 wild card .. i.e. any)
>
> just for testing.  With these rules I could ping from the
> FTP server (192.168.4.125) to the LAN1 interface
> (192.168.1.1) but could not reach any client on the
> LAN1 net. If I bridge the FTP and LAN1 interface I can
> ping to/from a client on the LAN1 net/FTP server so the
> problem seems to be my configuration of the Monowall.

Do you have captive portal enabled on any interface?  Do a route print
on a client on each interface.

    Lee

Problem solved.  Thanks for your thoughtful input, your earlier
explanation of the proper implementation of rules was a great
help.  After correcting my rules the last error was caused by my
switching out the FTP server with a XP machine to do the testing and
forgetting to check the XP firewall setting.  After disabling the
XP firewall on the test machine and the test client all works fine.
Thanks again for explanation of entering proper rules

 Get your own web address.