[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Tim Vaughan" <talltim at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  DNS forwarder using Active Directory
 Date:  Tue, 20 Feb 2007 18:45:27 +0000
Hi,

I work in an office that has two networks behind a m0n0wall.  One is
run by my colleague who only tolerates Windows servers - the other is
mine.

I'm using m0n0wall as a DNS forwarder on the LAN interface
(192.168.123.xxx) and has a .tim domain.
The other network is on OPT1 (192.168.2.xxx) and has a Windows SBS
machine running Active Directory, DHCP etc - m0n0wall is just a
gateway.  It has a .fluid.local domain

I want m0n0wall to forward DNS requests for xxx.fluid.local to the SBS
machine which is at 192.168.2.111.  I've set it up as I thought was
right, in a way which worked when I had a VPN between two m0n0walls
but it's not working.  dig@192.168.2.111 commands work ok on a machine
on my network so I don't understand why the m0n0 doesn't forward the
DNS requests.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tim