[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  =?UTF-8?B?S3Jpc3RqYW4gRXJqYXbFoWVr?= <kristjan dot erjavsek at cesnar dot si>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  DNS forwarder
 Date:  Wed, 21 Feb 2007 18:56:17 +0100
Hi!

I have setup an Apache, PHP, mySQL web server (XAMPP) on a Windows XP
Home computer (192.168.2.101) behind a monowall router (IP 192.168.2.2,
DNS1 84.255.209.77, DNS2 84.255.210.77). I have configured the rules and
NAT so that it's no problem to access it from an outside LAN computer.
The thing is I cannot access the server using the public IP
(84.xxx.xxx.xxx) and I can't view the pages from the computer that is
running the web server. I know it has something to do with DNS forwarder
(DNS forwarder is enabled) but I don't know how to configure it. BTW I
don't have a domain, I just want to access it with a public IP. The web
server has a DHCP address which is always the same.

How should I configure the DNS forwarder?

THX, Kristjan