[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  krt <kkrrtt at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RT2560 Experience Sought
 Date:  Wed, 21 Feb 2007 16:43:38 -0800
Anyone happen to be running an RT2560 base WiFi setup?  It seems to be
supported in FreeBSD but I don't see anything that ties it to m0n0wall.

I'm just curious as to if it'll go before I grab any.  I've found that
the Actiontec router that Verizon is throwing at it's FiOS customers
happens to include a mini-pci RT2560F (mine, anyways) chipset 802.11G
NIC.  I'd rather give it a useful home.

Since I'm using m0n0wall and have no desire to utilize the Verizon
Firewall as anything but a backup art project.  I wish that I could get
rid of it.  I'm supposed to keep it around in case Verizon wants to
troubleshoot FiOS, but they've yet to have actually asked for it on the
two support calls that I've had.

FYI, Neither call related to anything with the FiOS service, it's great
stuff.  I've found that Verizon has an interesting method of
authenticating the MAC address on my side of the fiber.  Basically, they
treat their DHCP lease as the authoritative source for your circuits IP
address/MAC address pairing.