[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] VIA Eden 0.13, 0.15nm vs VIA Eden 90nm
 Date:  Thu, 22 Feb 2007 10:28:40 -0600
Philippe Lang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've heared a lot of good things about VIA fanless processors, and had a
> look at the VIA Epia model:
>
> http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/processors/eden/
>
> There seems to be much more features in the VIA Eden 90nm, according to
> the datasheet.
>
> Would anyone recommend a particular processor in order to build a
> M0n0wall appliance? Are both processors well supported?
>
> Or maybe would you recommend another VIA processor? Thanks!

I have built a bunch of via based firewalls.  The most important thing
is the power supply.  The board can be the cheapest one you find, and it
should have plenty of power.  But the power supply must be stable, or
you will have nightmares.  I have had good luck with this case.
http://www.directron.com/2699r.html

			Lee