[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "ATM Logic" <atmlogic at kmts dot ca>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Using m0n0wall as a pay / min service....
 Date:  Thu, 22 Feb 2007 12:24:35 -0600
Just wondering, I have someone that wants to have customers (Hwy Trucks)
pull in, and have wireless available to them, in some cases, give away x
number of mins service, and in other cases 'sell' them 15min blocks of
time... (15,30,45,60 etc)

How would you do this?

I have m0n0wall setup, mostly just for testing, off the top of my head, I
would just put in a few hundred users / passwords   with 15/30/45/60 mins
etc, have a list of them, and hand out the user/pass and strike it off the
list??  Maybe over simple... or too complicated?  Not sure...

Anyone have an Idea?

One of the key factors is the person giving out the user/pass will not have
access to the m0n0wall unit, or if they do, they may be 17years old, not
have a clue, and be looking to download music........

Thanks for any ideas...