[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mike <lists at southwestech dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Using m0n0wall as a pay / min service....
 Date:  Fri, 23 Feb 2007 12:40:12 -0600
ATM Logic wrote:

> That's good to know... I actually have the Dlink DSA3100-DSA3100P as well
> (however cannot for the life of me find the PSU for the printer...) so
> sounds like I will do the same as you then...  Just wondering... If they
> "only" sold a "Day Pass" do you think it would work out ok to go with the
> m0n0wall only?>
>
> Thanks for the input.

It would work, but it would be quite a pain for the management/ staff.
You would need to have somebody create new ID's PW's each day, and
ensure that they are not being repeated (too closely together at least)
and there would be the issue of teaching the present staff how to do it,
as well as any future employees, and controlling their access to the GUI
through the use of the User Manager, etc. Kind of a pain. But, yes, it
would work. I just found it to be more of a thorn than it is worth to
have to deal with that.

Mike