[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Joe Lagreca" <lagreca at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  DNS resolution over IPSEC VPN?
 Date:  Mon, 26 Feb 2007 17:20:53 -0800
I have a DNS forwarder setup to resolve domain names from a Windows
2003 file server at a remote location.  When using a PPTP vpn from my
laptop, the resolution works fine, however when I created an IPSEC VPN
between my office and the remote location, the name resolution no
longer seems to work.

I can ping the dns server (192.168.2.2) from my m0n0wall.  So the
m0n0wall is able to ping across the VPN.  Also, everything else works
fine over the VPN, I just can't seem to get name resolution working.
Does anyone know if this is normal, or is there a way to solve this?
Thanks.

Joe