[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Oliver Kapffer <oliver at kapffer dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DNS resolution over IPSEC VPN?
 Date:  Wed, 28 Feb 2007 05:44:08 +0100
Hi Joe,

Joe Lagreca schrieb:
> Oliver,
>
> Thank you for the response.  I have already created the DNS forwarder
> overide.  I'm not too sure on how to add the static route.  Should the
> interface be LAN, the network be the remote network 192.168.1.0/24,
> and gateway be the remote networks external IP address?

on static routes on m0n0wall ad an entry with the following:

Interface = LAN
Network = ip of the remote DNS-server/32
Gateway = local Interface of your m0n0wall-box

This works for me.

But be sure your settings are all correct. Your remote network is
192.168.1.0/24 and your DNS is 192.168.2.2, not the same network.

oliver