[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ron Carter" <wcarterjr at earthlink dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  hardware support / Software question
 Date:  Wed, 28 Feb 2007 02:07:52 -0500
I got my hands on a packeteer 2500.  low and behold I pull the cover off and it,s a 433 celeron
processor, 2 onboard ethernet adapters, a riser card with 2 slots, flash card on board with a 16meg
card in the slot and a 20 GB hard drive in the 19" rack mount case.

It also has a very cool lcd display that I would love to use.  There is no keyboard and mouse
connectors on the system board.  Ther appears to be a USB header.  I can post pictures to my web
site if this will help.  I would really love to get this run and running.  I do know that it will
only support 512 MB of ram.

I can't find any other doc's on the system board at all.  The only connection that I can find is
ther serial console connection.

This was a killer find and I really what to use it.  What i really wish we had was a verison of
Monowall that has the FreeNAS application intergrated into it as well so that you caould have a all
in one type of solution.  It would be really sweet to be able to a killer firewall with stoarge that
you could make accessable to you internal home clients.
RC