[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Christopher M. Iarocci" <iarocci at eastendsc dot com>
 To:  Nicolas GORALSKI <nicolas dot goralski at fox dash services dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] IPSEC and performance
 Date:  Thu, 01 Mar 2007 20:22:28 -0500
Nicolas GORALSKI wrote:
> Hi all
>
> i'm looking for information about monowall managing 20/25 remote vpn
> client (monowall boxes).
> I've not found any thing about this on the net.
>
> Which hardware can i use as the central point (soekris or PC desktop?)
>
> for the end point i will use soekris boxes.
>
> Regards
I would use something a little more robust for the main location, but
the soekris boxes should do fine on the endpoints.  I currently have a
box running m0n0wall that has 256MB of ram, and a PIII 733 processor.
It has 8 tunnels going to it (4 very active).  The processor never jumps
over 20%.  However, 20% on a 733 processor would almost be maxing out a
soekris box.  For 20 to 25 clients, I'd be looking at something with a
1GHZ processor.  I'm assuming you will be using IPSEC with encryption.

HTH

Chris