[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  krt <kkrrtt at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Hart, Benjamin" <bhart at unifiedbrands dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0no on net4501
 Date:  Fri, 2 Mar 2007 11:26:24 -0800
m0n0wall works with 802.11G in 1.3, due to it's FreeBSD 6.x base.

The D-Link is common.

The RALink probably isn't - I yanked it out of a free toy router that
Verizon gave me with my FiOS line.  There are probably better cards
for this.

Honestly, I prefer to handle my WiFi off box and route all of the
traffic through the m0n0wall.  My Soekris is my road warrior box,
wherein I can share just about any hotel's "free" or "pay" service
with one authentication and behind a single IP.

My large regular PC parts home firewall has four 10/100 interfaces in
use at the moment, two of which have WiFi routers dangled off of them.

Note: I use the wireless routers as layer 2 access points.  They do
not handle any layer 3 packet routing, NAT or IP related services such
as DHCP or DNS proxy.  m0n0wall is my network control center.

On 3/2/07, Hart, Benjamin <bhart at unifiedbrands dot net> wrote:
> Awesome, I will definately be setting that up.  Now the two wlan references, what are the common
models for those? I would really like to have a more integrated wlan solutionn will mono ever
support 54g?