[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  krt <kkrrtt at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 6Wind 6WindGate
 Date:  Fri, 02 Mar 2007 12:29:21 -0800
If this is really not just a common underlying php framework issue,
it might be best to avoid any negative publicity.  In any event, has
anyone verified the interface beyond the appearance?

Assuming that this is a license violation, I'm willing to bet that the
6Wind company would donate some gear, hosting under contract, and/or
money to the m0n0wall project in exchange for a special non-disclosure
license.  The m0n0wall project would receive resources.  The company
would save face before their customers and support the software pipeline
that a critical portion of their product, and therefore business, is
based off of.

While 6Wind needs to tow the line, there may be few reasons to
negatively affect both parties when both can benefit from this situation.