[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Henning Andreseck <AndreseckH at gymszbad dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0 and squid
 Date:  Sat, 03 Mar 2007 10:02:39 +0100
Hi, thank you for your mail.
i thougt about something: don't i need 2 NICs for sqid so that it is
between the m0n0wall and the whol rest of the LAN? I'm not
sure....sorry. Or does it work with just on NIC that the traffic goes in
and comes out there?
thank you

Lee Sharp schrieb:
> Henning Andreseck wrote:
>> hi,
>> i want to set up a squid before the m0n0wall. i thougt about deny all
>> traffic from my lan (192.168.17.0/24) to the WAN. and allow only the
>> proxy. is this right? i'm not shure. can i get direct access for a
>> server?
>> maby with opening port 80&21 only for the ip of my server?
>> thank you.
>

> This is an old e-mail about mail servers, but should work for squid.
>
> Jonathan De Graeve wrote:
>
> >> Van: Matt Juszczak [mailto:matt at atopia dot net]
>
> >> For a client, we need to redirect all outgoing port 25 connections
> >> through the m0n0wall to a specific IP/port on the INTERNAL lan (so in
> >> other words, capture all outgoing port 25 connections and redirect
> > them to
> >> a specific IP on port 25).... this is to force use of a specific SMTP
> >> server seamlessly.
> >>
> >> Is this possible?
>

> > Yes, put this between your nat tags
> >
> >         <rule>
> >             <protocol>tcp</protocol>
> >             <external-port>25</external-port>
> >             <target>serveripinhere</target>
> >             <local-port>25</local-port>
> >             <interface>lan</interface>
> >             <descr>redirect SMTP to LAN SMTP server</descr>
> >         </rule>
> >
> > J.

Henning Andreseck		Tel: 05341/394931
Hirtenweg 115			VOIP: 05341/4029356
38259 Salzgitter 		Fax: 01212-513-076-295
-				Mobil: 0160-26-131-71
ICQ: 343-550-862		URL: http://www.andreseck.de
MSN: HAndreseck at gmx dot de		E-Mail: AndreseckH at gymszbad dot de
Jabber: henning at jabber dot gymszbad dot de
-
PGP-Key: http://andreseck.de/Henning_Andreseck.asc