[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ron Carter" <wcarterjr at earthlink dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] hardware support / Software installation support
 Date:  Thu, 1 Mar 2007 01:14:34 -0500
Chris,
Thanks for performance insight.

 Lets get back to the orginal question.  Has anyone convert a packeteer 2500
to M0n0Wall.  So far I created new flash disk and the LCD states it can't
find so config files.  I even had the hard drive disconnected.  I have a USB
card and a video card I am going to stick in it to see if I can get a better
idea what it is doing on boot.  The entire boot process is very fast less
than 30 seconds.

I have determined that SMTC is the OEM for the systemboard.  Packeteer has
them make it.  The SMTC part number is 2014378.  I also know that this
system can only handle 512 meg of RAM.  This is all the information that I
have been able to discover so far.

I am posting pictures on my web site so you all can see the unit.
Here is the address.  Just to let you know the 5 images are 4 meg +.  They
are from a 7.0 Meg pix Canon Camera.  Images are very clear.

http://www.cartersweb.net/2500/index.htm

Please let me know if anybody can assist with this.  I really want to get
this up and running so I can do some testing and relocate it to my shop.
This will let me take my firewall box and turn it to a web server that I
need for some personal projects.

Ron Carter