[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Phil G" <phi dot g at hotmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  enabling / disabling subnet or rule (Internet access)
 Date:  Sun, 04 Mar 2007 11:25:43 +0100
Hello,
I'm a teacher in a school. We have some classrooms connected to different
VLANs in m0n0wall. Each VLAN has  a private subnet and DHCP.

I  would like to give to the teachers the possibility to enable or disable
internet access to classrooms.
And every evening in should run a script that disable Internet access from
subnets.

I tried to configure the "groups and users" menu but the teachers are not
technical and it's dangerous to give them the possibility to enable or
disable rules.
I cannot enable / disable the interfaces because I need the DHCP for each
subnet.

Is it a way, for example, to create a script that could enable or disable
rules remotely without changing other rules?
Or is it possible to send remotely a web page to m0n0wall that can activate
or deactivate a rule?

I saw this article:
http://wiki.m0n0.ch/wikka.php?wakka=PoorMansTimeBasedRules
Is it a simpler way doing this?