[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  krt <kkrrtt at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Phil G" <phi dot g at hotmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] enabling / disabling subnet or rule (Internet access)
 Date:  Sun, 4 Mar 2007 08:40:27 -0800
You could use a captive portal to grant students access individually
for a specific chunk of time - i.e. they get an hour or two for each
login.

That could be tied back to a radius server for ease of administration
(I can't imagine any fun in handling a school load of student accounts
with a web gui)

Another would be a use of the poor-mans trick with the exec.php page.
You could make a page that has enough xml/html in it to handle the
ruleset modification that you want, but this shouldn't be considered
secure.

It'd require a fair amount of detail work but I suspect that it could
be pulled off.