[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jukka Ruotsalainen <jukka dot ruotsalainen at cs dot helsinki dot fi>
 To:  sai <sonicsai at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] M0n0wall performance question
 Date:  Sun, 04 Mar 2007 23:07:38 +0200
sai wrote:
> depends on the type of user.
>
> mono has a state table of 30,000 sessions. Should be enough but some
> p2p applications generate a huge number of sessions which would mess
> up your internet access.
>
> take a look at pfsense.com (its a fork of mono targetted at more
> powerful machines) which allows you to change the size of the state
> table.
>
> sai

Hello!
How the amount of sessions is setup?
Is it same as sysctl -w kern.ipc.somaxconn=32768 ?

Is it possible to adjust this amount of sessions in m0n0wall by using
some system parameters?

I use now

sysctl -w kern.ipc.somaxconn=32768

and set kern.ipc.nmbclusters=32768

By using these, specially somaxconn it seems to help, as m0n0wall can
now have many concurrent connections?

I like more m0n0wall specially the dymmynet queue system.

I have no need to switch  pfsense as m0n0wall suits my needs, just need
some tweak up parameters, nothing else.

Best regards, Jukka