[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ron Carter" <wcarterjr at earthlink dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  2 questions for the Forum
 Date:  Sun, 4 Mar 2007 16:23:57 -0500
Here are you two questions that I have for everyone.

Question 1:
I built a flash card up with M0n0Wall on it.  I put it in the Packeteer 2500 and here is the message
I got on the console screen:

Attention, could not find critical directories on 9.256 drive.

Recovery process (H.) must be executed before loading PacketWise

Monitor (touch) Password:
Embedded BIOS Debugger NMI Trap
EAX = 136F0060  CS:EIP = F000:0000D755  EFL = 00000202  pl nz .. na .. po .. nc

EBX = 756E6DAF  SS:ESP = 0404:00000798  EBP = 00000000  .. nt IOPL0 nv up EI ..

ECX = 0000343E  DS:ESI = 0040:00020000  FS  = 1DEE      .. .. id vp vi al vm rf
EDX = 496503FD  ES:EDI = 0404:00000012  GS  = 0000
F000:0000D755   call    00009D95

EB43DBG:

Booting...

Attention, could not find critical directories on 9.256 drive.
Recovery process (H.) must be executed before loading PacketWise

Monitor (touch) Password:

The other thing that I have figure out is the is a reset button installed on the systemboard.  I did
find a general Software bios on the board.  The text on it is really small.  Under the label is
37-0002-01 v2.0g2.  The sliver label again has GENERAL SOFTWARE on it with the web site pointing to
www.gensw.com.

Main IC's on the systemboard:
ethernet (2)
PCnet-FAST 111
AM79C73BVC
0136DGA
1996 AMD

Intel AGPset
FW82443BX
L022HC36
SL2VH
INTEL 98

XLINX
SPARTAN
XC05XL
VQ100AKP0149
D1200787A

Here are link to my web server with a few pictures of the actual systemboard.
http://www.cartersweb.net/2500/index.htm

This link will be back up and running later today.  I am working on my web server.

Question 2:
I installed a wireless adapter in my m0n0wall running 1.32b.  The wireless clients get a IP address
but do not can't get access to the internet.   Here are my settings:
Interface: OPT2
Brige with: LAN
mode:  HOSTAP
SSID:  CARTER2
Channel:  Auto
Encryption:  Enable WEP

Rules:  I am not sure what to add.

My LAN segment has m0n0Wall - DHCP running on it.  The clients get a IP address but they can't ping
the router.  I am not sure what is causing this.  Any thoughts.

RC