[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Alex M" <radiussupport at lrcommunications dot net>
 To:  "'Mono Dev List'" <m0n0wall dash dev at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>, "Monowall Support List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Support for hardware project
 Date:  Mon, 5 Mar 2007 21:49:06 -0500
Good got one person on my side :-)
I actually want this type of pricing for the project:

75 - Board
10- Power supply
15 - Enclosure
Total: 100$ USD (could be less is retailers would go w/ lower margin)

At than same time I want to negotiate w/ manufacturer so retailers would buy
form them bulk at $50 per unit sale for 75 => margin 25 or 33% (Netgate and
Ituner what do you think? [Sorry for no names :-P you should know me
though])I will have to speak to you though so we would agree that you buy
enough so manufacturer will give us that discount

Next, why I also want to have mono-AP project is because AP/Bridge and
router have different purposes, but I can stick with regular mono conversion
and then push the AP project.

As to the part that "krt" wrote... I don't really care about collective
bargaining on Mini-PCI cards especially low level such as Intel-BG 2200 they
too weak for enterprise use... go with 400-800mW cards. Still I don't care
about them, I only trying to solve 2 issues here reduce the of main boards,
2 get alternative to WRAP and Sokries who currently ,shell I say straggling,
to move to another CPU.

So do we have more people? Who would be willing to be on the team to rebuild
mono to support WP54 board?

PS: I changed Title