[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Alex M" <radiussupport at lrcommunications dot net>
 To:  <john at privateproductivity dot com>, "Monowall Support List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Support for hardware project
 Date:  Mon, 5 Mar 2007 23:42:49 -0500
Ok here is the link to gumstix
http://gumstix.com/store/catalog/index.php?cPath=27

Honestly they are good for car pc type of projects (I like 400MHz) but 2
problems 1 Price, 2 only one Ethernet port (haven't seen router with one
Ethernet port) and they don't have miniPci for radio (putting radio on GPIO
is no good) they are more robotics type of bords.

As to their cost so here is the brake down:
MB 200MHz that supports extinctions: 109
Extension for second Ethernet and CF card: 60
Actual CF card: 20
Power Supply: 10
Case 7.50

Total: $206.50

For that price I rather stick with WRAP. This alternative price is too high
and requires extension cards. I don't really like the idea of using this
solution. Sorry.

Thanks for the info though, I'm sure I can use them for my robotics toys