[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  krt <kkrrtt at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: m0n0wall - DMZ issue
 Date:  Tue, 06 Mar 2007 14:00:45 -0800
Neil A. Hillard wrote:
> Peter,
>
>         please keep all discussion on the mailing list so that others
> can benefit from the advice given - thanks.

I strongly disagree with a policy of keeping all discussions public.
It's bad form to take a directed private discussion public, especially
with someones private details (though they may be common, this is not
the point).

I'm all for keeping as much on the mailing list as possible but I will
always reserve the use of discretion for my personal communications.  If
public discussion is mandatory, you're going to have a lot of violators.
  If private posts are posted public, you're going to have a lot of
unsubscribers.

The whole "free_trial at hotmail" bit I'll just ignore :-)