[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Neil A. Hillard" <m0n0 at dana dot org dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: m0n0wall - DMZ issue
 Date:  Tue, 6 Mar 2007 22:20:24 +0000
Hi,

In message <45EDE48D dot 90801 at gmail dot com>, krt <kkrrtt at gmail dot com> writes
>Neil A. Hillard wrote:
>> Peter,
>>          please keep all discussion on the mailing list so that
>>others
>> can benefit from the advice given - thanks.
>>

>I strongly disagree with a policy of keeping all discussions public.
>It's bad form to take a directed private discussion public, especially
>with someones private details (though they may be common, this is not
>the point).
>
>I'm all for keeping as much on the mailing list as possible but I will
>always reserve the use of discretion for my personal communications.
>If public discussion is mandatory, you're going to have a lot of
>violators.  If private posts are posted public, you're going to have a
>lot of unsubscribers.
>
>The whole "free_trial at hotmail" bit I'll just ignore :-)

*I* do not offer m0n0wall support but I do participate on the mailing
list where possible.  I do not solicit off-list messages.

The op in question e-mailed me directly a question that would have been
better for the mailing list.  I have not had any previous dealings with
him and it was completely out of the blue.

There was no reason for this being a private posting.

                                Neil.