[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Alex M" <radiussupport at lrcommunications dot net>
 To:  "Monowall Support List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall-dev] Re: [m0n0wall] Support for hardware project
 Date:  Tue, 6 Mar 2007 22:05:50 -0500
>>But you're the one that proposed using VIA boards and second-source
>>ethernet cards and wanted to make the centerpiece of the discussion
>>"price".

No, that was Lee talking about VIA board, I only concerned about price

>>I presume that the members of the list want to discuss the
>>development of m0n0wall, and do NOT wish the discussion to devolve
>>into a "general solutions for service providers list"

Well I say there is a big cance to end up with Intel CPU that doesn't not
support X86, in that case even if we can get the board for $20, some one
would have to put all mono files on another version of BSD, so that would be
a developers part too. And, and if there will be no one willing to do that
the search for better pricing will do no good as community wont get the
benefit if they can not install mono on it.