[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim Thompson <jim at netgate dot com>
 To:  "Alex M" <radiussupport at lrcommunications dot net>
 Cc:  "Monowall Support List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] RE: [m0n0wall-dev] Re: [m0n0wall] Support for hardware project
 Date:  Tue, 6 Mar 2007 18:10:00 -1000
On Mar 6, 2007, at 6:01 PM, Alex M wrote:

> I don not know we can run IPX on x86 OS, it sounds kind of
> contradictory,
> but from another hand cpu structure support is only x number of
> commands
> required, everything else stays the same.  So if there is no need
> to rebuild
> mono, then it shouldn't be as big problem.

No, you can't run an x86 instruction stream on the IPX CPUs.

yes, m0n0 would need to be re-built.

> Do you know the cost of Alvia boards for dual port and for quad port?

quite well.
http://www.netgate.com/index.php?
cPath=60&osCsid=23e36f35f3ddee327be51ca62d876e00

(and now I feel like I've crossed the line)

there is no quad port, though there is a 5-port board, where one of
the Ethernet MACs in the ixp42x is connected
to a 5 port switch.   With some work, you can have the switch run
802.1q vlans.
http://www.gateworks.com/avila_gw2345.htm

We're having cases made for these.  (See, I've crossed the line again.)

Jim