[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Bill Cavalieri <bill at lumensoftware dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Windows PPTP Clients
 Date:  Wed, 7 Mar 2007 21:00:19 -0600 (CST)
I have PPTP setup on my m0n0wall, Linux PPTP clients work perfectly, but....  Windows PPTP clients,
can't access any servers that have a 1to1 nat, by using the dns names.

I have dnsmasq setup to deliver the interal ip, but Windows PPTP clients, always try to use the
external address.  Something that doesn't have a external dns entry works just fine.

I know this is prolly more a Windows question, but I'm hoping that someone has a work around?  I'll
happily write it up as a FAQ if so.

Thanks,

-Bill