[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Steven Casiello" <steven at casiello dot co dot uk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Does anyone have a v1.22 image with DiskOnChip support?
 Date:  Wed, 7 Mar 2007 11:15:56 -0000
Hello,

Thanks to everyone who's taken the time to reply to my query.

The exact error message is as follows;

Can't find '/kernel'
/
Hit [Enter] to boot immediately or any other key for command prompt.
Booting [kernel]...
Can't load 'kernel'
Can't load 'kernel.old'

I'm pretty sure this is due to the lack of a DiskOnChip driver in the
standard 1.22 image, which is preventing m0n0wall from accessing the
DiskOnChip.

I've read a few messages dating back to 2005 regarding a custom 1.2b3 image
with DiskOnChip / flashdisk support but I have yet to find a copy, I would
prefer a non beta image and if pos v1.22.

The DiskOnChip plugs directly into a DIL Socket on the mainboard, is not ATA
compatible and requires a driver for most operating systems.

I don't have the knowledge to produce my own custom image with the correct
driver, but if anyone could point me in the right direction to an existing
one I'd be very grateful.

Thanks,
Steven C.